Yep, I know. Three months late. Leave me alone.
So, how’s it been everyone? I know it’s been three months since my last, nonexistent ‘weekly blog’ post (no thanks to Brad from ESP for calling me out on it) but… I do have a reason for it. Basically… Nothing interesting’s been happening. Until recently, at least. So let me run through some big points that happened recently:
- LEAP gave me after-school Computer Science lessons to go with the exam
- I began a new project (which I posted into my projects listing)
- I began to learn a new programming language. Some weird, obscure, never-before-seen one called Java.
- I got back the results for an English Literature progress test we did. I got an 8 in it. The test was about the presentation of Sybil Birling in An Inspector Calls by J. B. Priestley.
- I got a gaming PC (Ryzen 5 1600, Radeon RX 580 8GB, 128gb SSD, 2x1TB Hard Drives, 16gb RAM) which can absolutely crush modern games at 1080p.
Sorry if I insulted anyone with that Java joke (even though my blog averages 2 viewers at any one time), but I have been learning it. It’s interesting to go from dynamic typesetting of variables to having to declare what type of data I’m storing, and it’s fun being able to explore more object-oriented programming. I’m enjoying it so far, but I find there’s a fairly substantial lack of easy-to-find resources for learning it. If anyone has any recommendations (preferably free ones) let me know!
Honestly, I think that’s it. I’ll try and do these more often, but there isn’t masses happening offline with me any more. But you can always check out my social medias, @haydennyyy on Twitter and Instagram, I might put updates of things I’m up to on there.
Until next time, I suppose.